Our Magimix Food Processor Reviews & Comparison
Magimix food processors are the go-to appliance when you need a versatile food processor that can slice, dice, mince and whisk without the need for a hundred different addons. Their straightforward operation and versatility set Magimix food processors apart from the rest of the pack.
- Our Magimix Food Processor Reviews & Comparison
- The benefits of buying a Magimix food processor
- Factors to consider before buying a Magimix food processor
- Tips on how to choose the best Magimix food processor for your needs
- Magimix 3200XL Food Processor
- Magimix 4200XL Food Processor
- Magimix 5200XL Food Processor
The benefits of buying a Magimix food processor
The biggest—and most obvious—benefit to buying a Magimix food processor is the ability to process food a lot easier. Going along with that, there is a perk with this aspect a lot of people don’t pick up on: You get to process a lot of food easier—without the need for multiple appliances.
Magimix food processors are so versatile, they can perform most food prep applications, whether it’s coarsely chopping vegetables for a stew or mincing fresh garden herbs for a finishing touch. Magimix food processors also have Blendermix technology which is what gives soups, sauces and other liquid-based Magimix dishes their unique silkiness that you simply can’t get with most other food processors. That improvement of liquid-blended texture is, perhaps, the secret weapon behind the versatility of Magimix food processors.
One of the coolest things about Magimix food processors is the simplification of difficult forms of food prep. Meringue is a really good example of this. Making meringue by hand often goes wrong, because you must have practice to be truly good at it; additionally, things out of your control, such as the humidity, can also factor into ruining a good meringue. Magimix food processors are able to whip out a quality meringue just like that. And that is no small feat. If you find yourself frustrated with meringues, this is a feature you’re going to want to take notice of.
Magimix also includes recipes with all of their food processors, so you’re never left scratching you’re head wondering, “What next?” Everything you need to know to make the most out of your new food processor is right there in the included recipes. Additional recipes that are specific to your food processor are also available from the Magimix app.
Perhaps one of the greatest benefits of the Magimix is how easy it is to use. Each Magimix only has 3 buttons, they do all of the heavy lifting. The auto button is especially useful for customizing the food processor’s setting to fit your current task.
Factors to consider before buying a Magimix food processor
The most important thing to consider when buying a Magimix food processor is capacity. Namely, you’re going to want to think about the capacity of the main bowl, which is the largest bowl. If you will be cooking and baking for yourself and members of your household, then you don’t really have to worry about this so much. But if you’re constantly doing large-scale prep, you may wish to consider getting one of the larger mixers for that reason alone.
Likewise, you need to think about your counterspace capacity. Larger mixers have a larger footprint. If you have a very small kitchen, the largest Magimix food processor may not be an option for you. The smaller processors, however, will save space, and if you don’t have large-scale mixing needs, will likely be most appropriate to your situation as well.
It’s important to note that the mini bowl is 1.2L in every Magimix food processor we reviewed, so when weighing the pros and cons of different bowl sizes, only consider the midi and main bowls when making your decision.
Consider wattage. I know most of us don’t like to think about technical stuff when we’re exciting to use our new food processor as soon as possible. But if you live in a place where you can’t draw a lot of wattage for whatever reason, you need to factor that into your Magimix food processor choice as well. (All the Magimix food processors have their wattage listed and a good rule of thumb is, the smaller the mixer, the less watts.)
Tips on how to choose the best Magimix food processor for your needs
- Consider footprint: Will the food processor fit nicely on your counterspace?
- Consider the maximum volume of food processing you’ll be doing and factor that into your capacity needs
- Remember that the larger the food processor, the higher the wattage
- All Magimix food processors run quietly, though a smaller processor will naturally run quieter
- Remember that the mini bowl is the same size on all of the mixers; factor in the midi and main bowls into your decision making
- Some Magimix food processors come with a juicing kit; this is a nice addon for people who are interested in juicing
- All Magimix food processors come with their own recipe book
- All Magimix food processors have unit-specific recipes that can be found on the Magimix App, making recipe-hunting super easy
- All Magimix food processors feature 3-button operation, so you can’t go wrong with any choice on that front.
Magimix 3200XL Food Processor
3-Bowl Design – Thanks to its 3 bowls, the Magimix 3200XL Food Processor can help you be much more efficient in the kitchen. The 3 bowls and their accessories make multitasking perfectly possible. The bigger bowl suits large scale cooking, the medium bowl is designed for slicing and grating, and the small bowl is the best choice for mincing garlic, onions and various herbs.
Easy Operation – The Magimix 3200XL has no more than 3 buttons: auto, pulse and stop. These functions are all that you need to prepare delicious foods with your 3200XL from Magimix. When set on auto, the appliance can detect the type of food in the bowl, being therefore able to adjust its settings accordingly.
Blendermix – Blendermix is a proprietary function of Magimix that enables you to prepare soups with perfect texture and velvety sauces. There are many other mixers on the market that can make soup, but the texture isn’t by far the ideal one.
Dough Blade – Mixing dough requires special skills to get the right consistency. Thanks to the dough blade, the Magimix 3200XL takes dough preparation to the next level. It can handle even large amounts of dough, being therefore perfect around the holidays, when you usually bake more of the things your family loves.
Easy Maintenance – Many people give up the idea of using the food processor because they don’t want to put up with cleaning it. Magimix is easier to clean, thanks to the special cleaning spatula that comes in the box when you purchase the device. In addition, the Magimix 3200XL comes with a special storage box, so you’ll have an easy to find place for all its extra gadgets and blades.
– the 3 bowls that enable you to use your mixer for a wide range of applications: main bowl (2.6L), midi bowl (2.2L), mini bowl (1.2L)
– The versatility of this machine, which enables it to process virtually everything from dough mixing to fruit chopping and garlic mining.
– The Blendermix function which gives an excellent texture to creams, soups and sauces
– The dough blade which makes mixing batter a piece of cake
– The whisking feature which is very useful when you bake a lot
– The large feed tube which helps you save time
– The simple operation: with 3 buttons you can control everything
– The Sabatier stainless steel blades
– The 2mm disc and the 4mm disc, both ideal for slicing and grating
– The accessory storage box
– The special cleaning spatula
– The included recipe book
– The silent and smooth operation
– The compatibility with Magimix App
Things to consider before making the purchase:
Some users would have loved a bigger capacity. Nonetheless, the big bowl should be large enough for all mixing needs in a household. In case you prepare large quantities of food very often, you may have to size up.
The Mixer At A Glance
The Magimix 3200XL is bigger than I personally expected it to be. Despite this, it fits very well on my counter, without taking too much of the available space. Amazingly, the big bowl has a very small footprint for its size. This is a blessing for all those who have a very small kitchen.
Switching out the blades and the discs is easy. I was afraid they would be much more difficult to switch out, but now that I see how easy this is, I can safely say I’ve relaxed. Changing the bowls is also very easy to do, enabling me to save a lot of time whenever I prepare complex recipes.
I love the whisk feature, as it helps me to prepare a perfect meringue each and every time. In spite of my rich experience with baking, meringue has always been one of the most challenging tasks. Now I can prepare delicious deserts for my family without fear or frustration.
The three-button operation is yet another thing I’m glad I’ve got this unit for. All you need to do is to press a button, and the Magimix 3200XL will program itself for the job it has to do. This saves me even more time in the mixing process.
The Magimix 3200XL is not only useful but also beautiful and sleek. It looks like a classy, high-end appliance, and its stainless steel Sabatier blades are nothing short of amazing.
Magimix 4200XL Food Processor
3-in-1 Mixer – The Magimix 4200XL Food Processor comes with three bowls; a main one, which is very similar to the bowls of all standard mixers, a midi bowl and a mini one. The midi and mini bowls are suitable for making sauces and for mincing herbs, garlic or shallots. The main bowl has a capacity of 3L, being therefore perfect for preparing cake batter and other similar stuff. The other bowls are 2.6L and 1.2L.
Quiet – Everybody knows that mixers make a lot of noise. However, the Magimix 4200 Food Processor is much quieter than many other models on the market. This is due to the high quality induction motor that makes the operation of this device more silent.
Recipes – Like all Magimix food processors, the 4200XL comes with a detailed recipe book to help you prepare delicious meals even if you don’t know how to cook just yet. You’ll see how easy to is to cook and bake. In addition, the mixer is compatible with the Magimix App, thus allowing you to load compatible recipes right on your smartphone or tablet.
Easy Operation And Maintenance – The Magimix 4200XL is very easy to use. It only has three buttons, so you’ll be able to understand how to operate it within the first five minutes after unpacking it. Thanks to the included cleaning spatula, you’ll be able to clean your mixer and all its accessories fairly easy. In addition, the included storage box will enable you to store all accessories in a safe place, where to find them quickly.
High Quality Build – The Magimix 4200 Food Processor is manufactured in France, and it is extremely durable, thanks to its stainless steel Sabatier blades. These blades don’t rust and they don’t become dull, so you’ll be able to dice and slice foods for a lifetime.
– Quite operation, thanks to the induction motor
– Stainless steel Sabatier blades that don’t rust and don’t become dull
– 3L main bowl, large enough for processing big amounts of food
– 2.6L midi bowl, good for slicing and dicing vegetables
– 1.2L mini bowl, perfect for chopping herbs and for preparing sauces and salad dressings
– Dough blade
– Whisk function
– 2mm and 4mm slicing discs
– Blendermix functionality
– Citrus press
– Juicing kit and recipe book
– Magimix App to download recipes right on your smartphone
– Cleaning spatula
This is what you need to be aware of:
– This problem is rather rare, but we have to mention that there are instances when bits of plastic come off. Such problems may occur only on case of faulty units, but this is definitely something to be mentioned in a product review.
You’ll notice right away that the Magimix 4200XL is larger than the 3200XL. If you really need it and your kitchen counter allows for it, then go ahead and purchase the 4200XL.
This appliance comes with a juicer kit, which can be pretty useful in lots of situations. I’ve never juiced before, but I might try it, now that I have this machine. Moreover, the citrus press is a nice accessory.
The dough blade is effective and easy to use; I can make scones or any other thick batter cakes I wish. Blendermix gives soups and sauces a velvety texture when used with the midi bowl. I’ll surely eat more soups from now on.
Magimix 5200XL Food Processor
Easy To Use – The Magimix 5200XL is very easy to use. It has only three buttons, stop, pulse and auto. You don’t need anything else to obtain the desired results. The mixer comes with a recipe book included in the box, and it is compatible with the Magimix app which can load even more recipes right to your smartphone.
Timesaver – The Magimix 5200XL has three bowls, each of them suitable for a series of purposes. You can chop, mix, mince, dice, slice and whisk every type of food you can possibly imagine. You can make perfect dough in the main bowl, you can prepare mayonnaise in the midi bowl, and you can mince ginger, garlic or shallots in the mini bowl. The large feeding tube will enable you to be very efficient in your work.
Juicer Kit – The Magimix 5200XL comes with a juicer kit and with a citrus press. You won’t need other appliances to make delicious juices and smoothies.
Whisk – Whisking can be difficult, especially when you’re new to baking. The whisk function enables the Magimix 5200XL to prepare the perfect meringue, as well as various mousses and souffles.
– Easy to operate
– Easy to clean and to maintain
– Juicer kit and citrus press included
– Dough blade
– Two slicing discs (2mm and 4mm)
– Storage box for accessories
– Sabatier stainless steel blades
– Recipe book and application
– Cleaning spatula
– The mini bowl is quite small.
– Some units have been shipped without their juicer kit; nonetheless, this doesn’t affect the functionality of the main unit.
The Magimix 5200XL take way more counterspace than its smaller siblings. Most people will be fine with that. However, if you have a tiny kitchen, you may prefer to choose a smaller unit. As I am the one in charge with the Christmas parties, I’ll be doing a lot of baking using the 5200XL.
I’ve prepared my first soufflé, and I can say I’m impressed with the results. This mixer is a must-have, an excellent tool for beginners and experts alike. This would also make a great Mother’s Day kitchen gift for your mom too!
Magimix is a leader in food processors, and they set a high standard, even within their own brand. That said, one mixer stood out as the leader of the pack: The Magimix 3200XL Food Processor.
For starters, the 3200XL is more energy efficient. The bowls are also proportionately larger compared to the food processor itself, so you get a smaller footprint along with great capacity. The main bowl is more than big enough for most home baking needs, and overall, the Magimix 3200XL simply functions better than the other two Magimix food processors in the roundup, making it a clear choice as our roundup winner.